Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Who will be?

  1. #11
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Who will be?

    [ QUOTE ]
    I'm all for a woman prez. Bring on Condie. Hilary would turn the US into Nazi Germany.

    [/ QUOTE ] Nazi he says- check the Patriot Act . You may have already elected a lifetime president, we just need to be threatened and get the right vote from 2/3 of about 500 people.

  2. #12
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Who will be?

    The really scary part is that I wouldn't totally be shocked if there was an attempt to extend things, for National Security.

    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Who will be?

    I heard a interview or something. One of the democrats said Hilary will be the next president of the USA, but also said she will probably be the worst president in the history of the country.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Who will be?

    [ QUOTE ]
    check the Patriot Act . You may have already elected a lifetime president

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Please explane

  5. #15
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Who will be?

    Read the act, if the conditions are right, the won't be anymore elections. I hear the Iran threat now. It is like the group that yells "morals" and talks about how good the "South Park" and "King of the Hill" shows are. Teach, your children well....

  6. #16
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Who will be?

    [ QUOTE ]
    I heard a interview or something. One of the democrats said Hilary will be the next president of the USA, but also said she will probably be the worst president in the history of the country.


    [/ QUOTE ] She will have to REALLY hustle and serve 2 terms.

  7. #17
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Who will be?

    Can't say I have read all or even most of the act but could you point me in the direction of that information I would like to be able to find it

  8. #18
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Who will be?

    I would think the msn page would have a site search. One of the first powers I noticted was that in an emergency the president can do about what he wants, or that was what I got from it. Along with wiretapping. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] If used correctly it could avert the ole lame duck thing, with the right person, he could stay in office forever. With a little support. [ QUOTE ]
    Court Orders FBI to Release PATRIOT Act Information. A federal judge has ordered (pdf) the FBI to publicly release or account for thousands of pages of information about the government's use of PATRIOT Act powers. EPIC filed a Freedom of Information Act request (pdf) for the documents nearly eight months ago, just as Congress announced it would hold hearings on sunsetting PATRIOT Act powers. The hearings ended in June, and Congress is expected to vote on a finalized PATRIOT renewal bill within days. According to Judge Gladys Kessler, "the record shows that [the FBI's] efforts have been unnecessarily slow and inefficient." For more information, see the EPIC PATRIOT Act FOIA Litigation Page. (Nov. 17, 2005)

    Lawyers Call for Patriot Act


    [/ QUOTE ] There's a little note. You can find about what you want. The FBI says it is top secret, the ACLU wants to know every detail and I suspect the truth is somewhere between. Good Hunting

  9. #19
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Who will be?

    Only thing I could find was the addation of the Secetury of homeland securty into the order of presadental succession (Not saying that there is not more but It looks pointless to dig much more without an Idea of what I am looking for or where to look for it at)

  10. #20
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Who will be?

    [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]Sounds like me, mining coal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •